Help us to help you have an enjoyable visit to the Victoria Theatre
Thank you to everyone who books tickets to an event at the Victoria Theatre. We appreciate all our customers and want to make sure everyone who visits our venue has a wonderful time. To do this, we need your help.
Please take a moment to read these guidelines that have been created to ensure that we continue to have the fantastic and safe atmosphere that the Victoria Theatre is famous for.
To help everyone have a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable visit, we have drafted the following promises to customers and what we expect from you to achieve this.
Our Commitment to Customers
For all our events, we promise that we will do our best to…
- treat all our customers with respect and provide a helpful and friendly service
- welcome all customers equally and without prejudice
- where possible, provide customers with timely, up to date and accurate information about events
- meet the individual needs of all our customers and resolve queries as efficiently as possible
- provide a safe and welcoming environment for your visit
- We will not tolerate any abusive or violent behaviour towards our staff, visiting company or other customers
- We will remove any audience members who are negatively impacting the experience of others, causing a disturbance or endangering others
- We will refuse the sale of alcohol to any customer who appears intoxicated, and they will be asked to leave
To help us we ask that all customers please…
- arrive on time for the event you are coming to see - latecomers may not be permitted into the auditorium until the interval
- treat all theatre staff and customers with the respect and courtesy that you would expect from us
- turn off or silence your mobile devices and refrain from using them during the performance
- avoid talking or making any noise that could be distracting during the performance
- refrain from using any abusive or violent language and body language to our staff and other visitors
- do not behave in any way that negatively impacts on other theatregoers’ enjoyment of the performance
- do not attend the theatre if you are unwell
- let us know what’s going on – we can’t resolve your issues if you don’t tell us about them
Security on the Door
We take safety very seriously, and will sometimes implement additional security measures, such as bag checks, where we reserve the right to confiscate any items that are suspicious, illegal, or considered dangerous. In these cases, we may also refuse entry, and, where necessary, call the police. We will also refuse entry to anyone who is behaving inappropriately, is unruly or rude to others, or appears to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances.
Dancing During Seated Music Events
We love music and hosting music events and understand that with good music comes dancing, and sometimes this is encouraged by the performers on stage. We cannot control the artists who ask the audience to get up and dance, but as we are predominantly a seated venue, we have created these guidelines to help customers to dance considerately:
- remember that not everyone is able to dance, and they have purchased a seated ticket
- if you would like to dance, please do not dance at your seats, please move to the aisles, sides or back of the auditorium
- please be considerate of the people around you, particularly those behind you
- you will be asked to move If you do not follow these instructions. Please be aware of other customers and if you are asked to dance elsewhere, please do so without resistance or argument.
If you experience any problems while at the theatre, you need to make a member of staff aware as soon as possible. We can resolve most customer issues at the time, but it’s very difficult to successfully resolve an issue after the event.
The Victoria Theatre Terms and Conditions of Sale
Please take a look at our full terms and conditions below:
1. All tickets are inclusive of a Theatre Support Fee.
2. All customers must have a valid ticket to gain entry to an event at the Victoria Theatre.
3. Tickets must not be resold at a higher value than the face value on the ticket. The Victoria Theatre reserves the right to cancel tickets that have been resold at a higher price without prior notification and the holder may be refused entry.
4. Please check your tickets at the point of purchase and check where you are seated, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
5. Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless a performance is cancelled. When a show is rescheduled and a refund is issued, the Theatre Support Fee will be retained by The Victoria Theatre.
6. The Victoria Theatre reserves the right to make changes to the performance or advertised line-up, owing to any unforeseen or unavoidable cause, or cancel or reschedule the performance without being liable to pay any compensation.
7. If you have purchased TicketPlan ticket insurance and need to make a claim, please do this directly with TicketPlan.
8. The Victoria Theatre reserves the right to introduce discounts and special offers at any time, and these cannot be applied to tickets already purchased.
9. Where concession or discounted tickets are offered with specific eligibility requirements, proof of eligibility may be required. If the customer is unable to prove their eligibility, they may be asked to pay any difference in price between the concession ticket price and a full price ticket.
10. Unless otherwise stated, the time on your ticket is the start time of the event. Please make sure you arrive on time, as latecomers may not be allowed entry until a suitable break in the performance. Where the start time is yet to be confirmed, tickets will have a ‘Doors’ time on them and will also say ‘start time TBC.
11. Please check event details, timings, and your route prior to travelling to ensure you arrive on time. The Victoria Theatre is not responsible for any delays due to travel disruptions.
12. The Victoria Theatre will sometimes implement additional security measures, such as bag checks, and we reserve the right to confiscate any items that are prohibited, suspicious, illegal, or considered dangerous.
13. No glasses, glass bottles, alcohol or Illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Only alcohol purchased from the venue may be consumed onsite.
14. Customers are not permitted to bring animals to the venue, with exception of guide, assistance, and hearing dogs.
15. For the safety of all customers, the Victoria Theatre reserves the right to refuse admission, re-admission, or request that a customer leave a performance.
16. Any customers who appear inebriated or under the influence of drugs, are unruly or disrespectful to other customers or staff will be asked to leave the performance and will not be entitled to a refund.
17. The Victoria Theatre does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property brought to the venue.
18. Taking of photographs, videos and sound recordings is not permitted in the auditorium, unless otherwise stated.
19. Where there is no minimum age recommend for an event, attendance with children is at the discretion of the parent / guardian.
20. Children aged 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult ticket holder.
21. For health and safety purposes if you choose a seat in the circle or balcony you must remain seated throughout the event.
22. For the enjoyment of all customers, please move to the aisles or the rear of the Stalls to dance during a performance and please be considerate of other customers.